- the act or fact of disappointing: All of his efforts only led to the disapppointment of his supporters.
- the state or feeling of being disappointed: Her disappointment was very great when she didn't get the job.
- a person or thing that disappoints: The play was a disappointment.
- 1605-15; DISAPPOINT + -MENT
- failure, defeat, frustration
- false alarm
- flash in the pan
We received the call at 11:23am to let us know that we're not pregnant. We immediately called Jane (not knowing if she had already received the results), and sure enough, she already had. Needless to say, all of us were somewhat shocked.
Dr H called us this afternoon to follow up with us and discuss options. Hearing from him really helped; more on that later. For now, we are all trying to stay upbeat as we consider our next step in this journey. Jane is doing okay, and though the Potatoes are a little bit mashed up, we haven't beome French Fries yet...
My apologies for not updating everyone sooner, but I'm sure you understand.
Thank you all for your good thoughts, well wishes, and prayers.
Potatoes 1 & 2