- We received a total of 12 eggs; they were divided into two batches of six each.
- The embryologist decided to allow the eggs to fertilize naturally.
- Potato #1's batch fertilized 2 embryos; Potato #2's batch fertilized 6 embryos; this leaves us with 8 embryos to grow.
- The surrogate transfer date has bee set for Monday morning. Both moms are coming with us. We get "babies first pictures" of the embryos.
- The remaining embryos will be cryopreserved (frozen).
- The pregnancy test on 8/12/09 (two weeks from from the egg retrieval).
- The ultrasound on 9/2/09 (three weeks from confirmation of pregnancy). This is when they will confirm the number of embryos that have developed into fetuses and we will be able to listen to the heartbeat.
More breaking news as soon as we have it!