To paraphrase Mark Twain (and the Lowell Shallot), "rumors of our demise have been greatly exaggerated" and we are [albeit] slowly moving forward towards Transfer #3!
Following several strategy discussions, here is our general plan of action:
- We will be using eggs from several donors.
- Both of us potatoes will provide our sperm, which will be frozen and thawed as needed for fertilization.
- Donor eggs will be fertilized, and any resulting "good day-5 blastocysts" will be cryopreserved.
- Once we each have a good number of frozen embryos, they will get thawed and transfered to Jane.
- Assuming that several embryos attach, anything over two will be selectively reduced.
- Both of us went to the Clinic and provided our sperm.
- Several "very nice looking mature eggs" were retrieved from an egg donor.
- The first batch of eggs were fertilized. We should gain a better sense of how many fertilized tomorrow, and how many resulted in blastocysts on Monday.