Ah... what wise words of wisdom from Kung Fu Panda!
We regrouped with Dr. H, discussed our options, and agreed to move forward with another attempt, from another approach by asking Dr. H to help us narrow down the donor selection process by recommending his most fertile donors (commonly referred to as "super-doners") for us. Dr. H told us that he was relieved to hear that we were open to options, as that is exactly along the lines of what he would have recommended. Great minds think alike. Dr. H's commitment came through loud and clear - it was pretty obvious that a failed transfer makes him work that much harder to make this work! Thank you Dr. H for your support!
Tuesday we have another conference call set up with Dr. H to discuss donors. We will definitely have another update then.
Jane is officially off her meds, and doing well. Everyone feels pretty bummed out about this transfer not working, but Jane is really encouraging and helping us stay positive. Timeline-wise, Dr H suggested that it would be 10-12 weeks at the earliest (mid November to December) before we could try another transfer. We figure that means we have approx 4 weeks to dig in to the donors and figure out who the next Suzie will be.
We're trying to keep ourselves upbeat, which isn't too difficult to do when you have a cute new little puppy in the house (Addie). Daisy our 'doodle and Addie are getting along great, even though it seems like Daisy is regressing a little (as if she never knew how to "stay").
Otherwise, while I can't say that everything is great, we really are trying to stay focused on the next attempt.
I seriously doubt we could do this a third time...
Thanks to everyone for your kind words and wisdom!!
- Potato #1
Tonight's Assignment? How to Live...and then some. - I am over the moon happy that I made the decision to pursue a master’s degree. It’s been a crazy year- taking classes, working and then going on a sabbati...
19 hours ago